Sunday, September 03, 2006

Our mini update

I don't want to call this an "update"... just a mini update. Coming back to blogging after you've missed a chunk is so daunting. You feel like there has just been so much missed, and trying to catch up with it all is tricky. You feel like no matter what, you're going to miss stuff. So, that's why I'm doing a "mini update". So... if I miss things, or take a few days to update everything, that's ok. Mini-update it is...

We just got back yesterday from our trip to the prairies. It was a fun time, and great to see family... but also quite exhausting. I'm the type of person that just likes the regular comforts of home. I don't like things to be too disrupted. I think Aubrie is similar. She was ok as long as we kept to her schedule. The travelling was tricky in that sense. She was fine with the plane ride... it was the lack of her usual nap time in a quiet place that seemed to get to her the most. All in all though, it wasn't too bad. Well worth the effort!

We leave for Kelowna in a few days with friends. I'm excited about that. I think it will be a great trip. The weather is supposed to be nice, so we're looking forward to some time in the pool (which Aubrie LOVES).

Aubrie broke her first tooth right before we left for Saskatchewan. Good timing eh? Her teething was never really that bad, just a little cranky. I was surprised at the whole process of teething. For some reason, I just expected that one day, a tooth would be there. Not sure why... it makes no medical sense. But, that's how I envisioned it. Instead, her gums were cut first, with no sign of a tooth. Then, it took a few days for the tiniest amount of tooth to pop through. She still only has a tiny little tooth "stump", but it's definitely there. Yay teeth!!

She's also moving around like crazy these days. She's totally mastered the commando-crawl (pulling herself on her belly). She gets into the crawling position well, and can go backwards a bit, but she lacks control in that position. But commando... watch out! If she wants something, it only takes a second for her to find a way there! I'm so glad I baby-proofed her play area early. The other day, I left her in her play area for a minute (in the center of the room). I came back to find her clawing at the covers on the electrical sockets! Good thing they were covered!! I was amazed how quickly she got over there.

Unfortunately, with her crawling about, it leads to major issues for our carpets. Aubrie has STILL not even slowed on the vomit frequency. It's super frustrating. It's amazing how much she still "spits up" (the term doesn't even make sense now that it's full-on food vomit). We keep hoping it decreases... but no luck. The doctors won't do anything unless it's green, or violent, or she's losing weight. SOOOO FRUSTRATING. We've tried everything, and nothing helps. And it bleaches the carpet. Fun. At least it will be a good excuse to replace all the carpets in the future.

Anyways, tons and tons to get done these days, so I know my posts will be short. Hopefully though, I'll post a little everyday to keep things updated over here. Thanks to everyone who has stuck by the "drought"!

3 comments:

LisserB said...

Chaylyn goes backwards, but hasn't figured out how to go forwards, or really to get up on her knees at the same time as her hands. One day soon we'll both have full-fleged crawlers! Have fun in Kelowna. I'm going to the Shuswap in a couple of weeks. I'm also hoping for nice weather.

*hugs* Melissa

Randi said...

Hey there! So glad your back:) Glad you had a nice trip.

Nat said...

Hey Cari! Sounds like she is moving around quite a bit now. Glad your trip was nice. And I don't have any personal experience with the spit up problem, but my friend's baby did that and he had a bad case of acid reflux - so they put him on medicine for a month or so, and now he is healed.