Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Month in Review

What a boring title. I can't believe I'm posting about Aubrie's 8th month. It's amazing (and sad) how quickly time is flying. I apologize in advance for how boring this post is likely to be. But, alas, I love to have a record of things... and blogging is the way to go these days (considering how behind I am in my scrapbook!!).

This month, she went from the crawling position, to creeping along the floor, to all-out-full-fledged crawling in the past week or two. It's crazy how quickly that happened. She's now powering along at way-too-fast of a speed. It wouldn't be challenging, really, if it weren't for the sheer multitudes of vomit that she also manages to produce (see last post). But, it is a lot of fun. It's great that she can go explore the things she wants to see. I love to see things through her eyes. She's a pro at sitting, and moving to and from the sitting position. Aside from pulling up and cruising/walking, she's got pretty much everything down pat.

She still loves to eat. She's been a full-fledged formula baby for awhile now (we tried to cut back to one breastfeeding session... that didn't work... so fully weaned a little earlier than planned). She eats 24oz a day. Plus, her three meals. Generally fruit and oatmeal at breakfast, yogurt (she finally likes it) and/or egg yolk at lunch, and veggies and rice or barley at dinner. We also tend to do lots of finger food at dinner, so that it's easier to eat dinner all together. She eats cheerios and Gerber puffs, as well as whole wheat toast, pasta, she's even tried hashbrowns and home-made fries. Other new foods include asparagus, cottage cheese (still learning to eat that), mango... I think that's about it.

Sleep is GREAT! As long as she gets it, lol! She really likes to have her naps in order. She sleeps about 2 hours in the morning (9-11) and about 1 hour in the afternoon (2-3)... sometimes more. She goes to bed closer to 7pm now, and sleeps through till about 6:30am. She's generally up earlier, but she's content on her own till 6:30.

She's trying to wave, I'm sure she'll get the hang of it soon. She tends to wave to herself the most. She's always giving kisses now if you are holding her. She's also a better snuggler than she has been in the last few months.

Oh, and teeth... she cut one tooth that is still pretty small. Another tooth is REALLY close, but I don't think I can officially call it there yet. The way she attacks food though, she doesn't even need 'em!

Most days, she's so easy!! It's hard to believe how far she's come! And sad that it's all happening so quickly!

Again, sorry for the boring post. I'll try to come up with something exciting next time...

1 comment:

Randi said...

Not boring to me! I enjoyed reading about how well she's doing:) I can't believe these babies are 8 months already!? Where does the time go? Before we all know it, they will be walking and talking:0