Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ewe... seriously... E.W.E.

First of all, yes, It's Saturday night. Yes, I'm blogging. I don't have a problem with that.

I had every intention today of writing a post to do the "8 month update" on all of Aubrie's new feats this month (as she is now 8 months and 2 days). But, well, then life happened. That post will have to wait for another day.

Because... ewe. There I was, relaxin on the couch, watching me some Mad TV (and, I mean that in the sense of the actual show, I'm not trying to be all gangsta-cheese on you, sending out my mad props te y'all.... wait, gansters don't say y'all... ah darn it). When, what do I find... but vomit... in... my... hair. EWE.

Now, I've spoken about the Aubrie vomityness (yes, I know that's not a word), but I've not clarified all the glorious stages of Aubrie vomit. Yes, there's the "after bottle spit-up". This is not at all gross, just a pain in the arse. Then, there's the "I had a bottle a few hours ago spit-up" which is slightly more gross in it's curdled glory, but still not heinous. Then, there's the "food that was recently eaten" full-on vomit... which is gross only in the sense that it's usually very chunky, and very colored, and often stinks, and is still a pain in the arse, as are all the stages of vomit. Then, there's the "this has been in my gut for who knows how long and has gathered all the glorious yucky stomache acids and REAKS" vomit. Yes, that's the vomit I found in my hair. Stomache acids and all. E.W.E. A large chunk of it. Eeeewwwweeee.

And, I don't know what's worse. The fact that I had NO IDEA how long this vomit had been in my hair. It could have been anywhere from about 3 hours to about 9 hours (ya, 9 hour vomit... ewe... and let me say again... ewe). OR, the fact that I seriously considered NOT washing it out with a full on scrubbing-in-the-shower. I actually tried to just rinse it out in the sink first. EWE.

Let me explain though. It's not that it wasn't truly gross (which it was), but I had already washed my hair today. And, I have very few "free" hours in my day... so that was one reason I considered trying to avoid a shower. I had better things to do. But, more importantly... is the fact that washing my hair more often than every 2 or 3 days is a complete disaster these days. Why? Because after the "hair gets RIDICULOUSLY thick during pregnancy" followed by the "hair falls out in RIDICULOUS clumps post-pregnancy", my hair is, well, ridiculous. It's frizzy, and horrible, and has teeny tiny pieces everywhere that are growing back in. Seriously, if I pull it back all the way, it looks like someone had a HUGE mishap trying to cut some bangs. I have a huge row of 1 inch pieces. This leads to serious frizz issues if I wash it too frequently. Plus, there's the time required to deal with all this frizz... that's not fun at all. And I was planning on quickly running the straight iron through it in the morning so that I could run out to the grocery store to buy all the things I need to make the AWESOME cheesecake (diet?? diet?? who said that?????) for the scrapbooking party I'm having on Monday because tackling the grocery stores around here anytime after 8:30am on a weekend is sheer suicide.

But, alas, I couldn't handle it. I guess I'm just not the mom I thought I was quite yet. I had to scrub it clean.

Uhm.... ewe.... (just one last time for prosperity).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah...9 hour vomit. YUM!

i know what you mean about the whole hair thing. my hair during pregnancy was so thick and beautiful and now i lose CLUMPS every-friggin time i shower!!! and i have all those baby hairs too! i have some growing too and on my hairline sides (BOTH), they are growing and curling out so it looks like a weird mustache. make sense? no? hmmm..MAYBE i'll take a pic one day (or never).

Anonymous said...

ps - having a scrapbooking party this weekend too!

Erin said...

HAHA - You crack me up!