Saturday, September 09, 2006

Home sweet home

Ok, so I'm half asleep as I'm writing this... but somehow 8:45pm is way too early to go to bed, so I figured I had to kill some time, why not blog?

We got back today around 1:30pm from our trip. We had a FANTASTIC time! It was so great to have a vacation with another similar family. It's great to be able to go by Aubrie's schedule, and not worry about how that's affecting plans. It was great to have the girls play together all day long. It was great to have 4 adults to 2 babies. It was great to drink wine and play games and chat when they went to bed. I highly recommend the dual family mini-vacation to all!!!

The downside... the trip home was absolutely MISERABLE. Aubrie was in such a state. She slept the first 30 minutes or so (she usually naps 2 hours in the morning). Then, she was up, and unhappy the rest of the trip. She fell asleep for maybe 5 minutes, but then woke up in that crazy screaming-without-actually-waking-up phase, which finally woke her up completely. We think she's probably cutting her next tooth. At least we know it's not likely to be a lengthy grumpy phase. She's a good little teether like that!

She seemed so thrilled to be home though. Despite her episodes throughout the car-ride, she calmed down completely the second we walked in the door. Despite being way over-tired, she just wanted to enjoy her toys, her pets, her surroundings before she would settle for a nap. Thankfully, though, she's asleep now, and is probably likely to have a good long sleep tonight (something her mommy and daddy REALLY need!).

So, that's about it. I've thought of so many things to blog about on my various vacations lately, so I'm hoping I remember them throughout the week so that I can post something other than updates!

But for now... a nice long bath is calling me!

3 comments:

LisserB said...

Welcome home! My long car trip is on Friday. We are driving 6.5 hours to the Shuswap Lake area. I hope Chaylyn does good.

I also wanted to say thanks for posting about brushing Aubrie's teeth. I have always wiped Chaylyn's mouth and teeth with a cloth at her bath time, but had forgotten I was given a toothbrush and toothpaste for her from the Welcome Wagon. I found them, and she seems to not mind having her teeth actually brushed. Can't start good oral hygiene too early, hey!

*hugs* Melissa

Anonymous said...

Welcome back home. Those bad car trips are horrible! We are going on vacation next month. With my folks and my childless brother and SIL. I'm sure we will have lots of time to ourselves :) I can't wait.

Randi said...

Welcome Home!! I'm glad you had a great trip, sorry about the ride home though:( It's nice to hang out with other adults who have little ones too:)