Thursday, September 14, 2006

Testing blog accountability

So... here's the test... how well will blogging something keep me accountable? I figure, the more people you tell about a goal, the more incentive you have to stick with it, right? Let's hope so...

I've been trying to lose the final weight from my pregnancy for AGES. I'm just not giving it enough effort. I've always been a good half-ass dieter... never a good dieter though. I last about a week max. I'm not fully sure why I always end up quitting, but I do. I'm hoping this time I can stick to it.

I've tried many diets. Most are difficult to follow because I'm a vegetarian. I've tried weight-watchers twice... I'm not about to try a third time. I'm thinking my best bet is good old exercise and watching calories. It's probably the easiest route as well.

Aside from just plain giving up, I'm worried about hitting the afternoon slump. I hit it every day right now. I have energy to do things in the morning, but as soon as Aubrie's second nap hits, I have no energy at all. No motivation. Sooo, with my workouts taking up the entire morning nap (to include a shower... still no time in there to actually dry or do my hair or anything... guess it's pony-tail till I've dropped the weight), I worry about getting everything ELSE done. I need to make use of every minute of my time, or else I'm doomed. It's a very daunting prospect.

Plus, I always get major major headaches... usually in the afternoon. I'm hoping that eating better will help curb those.

Ok, this is turning into a ridiculously whiney post.

So, I'll leave it at "I've said it". I'm determined to drop the weight. I have 18-20 pounds that needs to go before I head back to work.

Aubrie's up... guess that's all I can say about that.

3 comments:

Kait said...

Good luck with your weight loss.

I get headaches in the afternoon if I don't drink enough water. I usually try to take in about 32 ounces, spread over the morning and afternoon. If I miss it... eek! Watch out!

Anonymous said...

Cari, you can do it. It will take perserverance and determination but you can. I'm trying to lose 10 lbs and it's been really difficult, mainly b/c I feel so hungry all the time with the nursing. I think I may just keep exercising, eating sensibly and wait to get the 10 off when I'm done BF here in a few months. But I know you can do it!

Loretta said...

There's a really great book that just came out called 'Body After Baby' that has a "diet" and excersize (sp?) plan you can do WHILE you're breastfeeding and with your baby (the workouts you can do with your baby). Plus, they have an entire vegetarian menu plan, too!