Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I meant to be serious

Really... I had every intention today of writing a deep, thoughtful, serious post. I've been meaning to do it all week. Somehow, everyday life just always seems to get in the way. I'm sure we all know what that's about.

I still can't believe that in the midst of 9/11 reflexions and school shooting tragedy posted all over the news... the only thing on my mind to blog about is vomit. Seriously... ridiculous, frustrating, annoying amounts of vomit. So, does that make me a normal mommy, or does that make me a bad citizen? Or maybe just a bad blogger. Hey, I'm still new to this (ok, not really... but new enough that I still can't get my act together to blog daily).

But, really... if you saw the amount of vomit that leaves my child on a daily basis... you'd be blogging about it too. It's especially difficult these days with the crazy amount of crawling that it's paired with. I seriously don't know why people with non-vomiting babies consider crawling a more challenging phase. Crawling is seriously inefficient moving... though faster than one would think, it's still quite easy to catch them before in the midst of danger. Now, to catch them before they vomit all over the carpet for the 10th time in the hour... that's challenging. And frustrating.

That's not even including my latest frustration with laundry. Seriously... pair the ever-vomitting baby with cloth diapers (either one alone would be fine... but together... AACK)... *sigh*. And, even the amount wouldn't be frustrating right now if it wasn't for the fact that I've just realized that the ones I *thought* were clean (put in drawer/closet) are now stained with the mysterious "after-cleaning" yellow or bleachy vomit stain. So, when I went to put away her clothes that no longer fit (I've finally decided that even though they fit, putting 0-3mo clothing on an 8 month old is just mean), I realized that essentially all of them are stained beyond belief. I don't dare go look at the stuff I've already packed away. It's just depressing.

I've tried immediate soaking (and soaking till wash time), I've tried oxy-clean, spray'n'wash, that dual power stain treater... nothing is helping. It seems that every solution I've been given by those who say "it works like a charm for little junior's clothes" obviously don't have the vomit-queen herself messing up the clothes. It's a talent...

At least she's not picky about foods. So... the days I decide I can't handle it and only feed her white or very light colored foods... at least she can cope!

2 comments:

LisserB said...

I had to laugh at the "putting 0-3 month clothes on an 8 month old" comment. I have started emptying Chaylyn's drawers of all her 0-3 month stuff too, and also not because it doesn't fit anymore, lol! Actually, I just bought her some new pants from Walmart. What size?? 3 months. Gotta love our petite girls.
I wish Chaylyn would start crawling. She gets so frustrated just staying in one spot. She does roll to get around, somewhat, but most of the time she turns in circles on her belly and then screams when she gets back to where she started. It'd almost be funny if it didn't happen everyday.

I feel for you with the vomitting. Has the Dr. checked her for a serious reflux problem? It can't be any fun for her to puke that much, though right now it's a lot less fun for you having to clean it all up. Blech! Hope she outgrows that issue soon.

*hugs* Melissa

Nat said...

I'm so sorry about the vomitting problems. My oldest nephew did the same thing, and I got all the hand-me-downs for Peyton, and over half of them were stained so bad that I just threw them away. I hope that she starts holding her food down better soon.