Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bidding adieu (again)

We're on our way today up to Kelowna and the always lovely Manteo Resort. I guess I forgot to say good-bye before I left for Saskatchewan, so I figured it was only fair to give you a heads up this time! I will be gone till Saturday, so it will likely be awhile before my next post. I'm looking forward to enjoying some of this gorgeous weather (well, minus the smoke from forest fires...), spending some time in the pool, and watching the girls have a blast together. We're going with our walking buddies (and gym buddies, and class buddies... heck, we see them almost daily!) Zoe (9 months) and mom Shawna (a wee bit over 9 months, lol)... oh and her husband Corey (who would probably be mad that I almost forgot about him... let's hope Shawna doesn't let him see this!). It's bound to be a great time!

In an hour we're also headed to our first baby-signing class (then we'll head out on the road after). I'm quite excited about that too! I never thought I'd go the "signing" route... I'm a little sceptical about it, but I just wanted another outing for Aubrie to enjoy (she loves seeing other babies, and it's good for her to get used to lots of new people. Although I've heard otherwise, I worry that it might delay her speech if she can sign. But... I guess we'll see. I'm looking forward to learning more about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!!

(about her speech and signing - I asked a lady who teaches it b/c I was concerned about the same thing and she says that as long as you continue to converse with her after she has signed it, then she should be fine. Meaning, if she sees a cat and signs, "Cat" you say, "Yes, that is a cat, isn't it a pretty cat? What do you think the cat's name is?" Stuff like that.)

Erin said...

Ahhh, you'll be near my neck of the woods (born and raised in the praries but don't live there now). Have fun.

Let us know how the signing goes.

Randi said...

Have a awesome trip! Be safe and have tons of fun:)