Thursday, June 15, 2006

Panic

Today, I got an email from my dept chair. It had the tentative schedule for the Spring semester. The semester I'm supposed to be back into full time work. It made me feel so ill. I can't even imagine going back right now. I'm sure I'll feel a little more ready in a few months... but right now, it was heart-wrenching. Particularly, the thought of having a day when I don't see Aubrie AT ALL awake. That would be Monday, on my new schedule. It makes me totally panicked. It's not set in stone, so we'll see what changes get made... I'm still uneasy about it. I don't even feel like talking about it.

In other news, Aubrie has totally taken to eating solids now. I tried again yesterday, and she seemed to enjoy it. Then, today, she couldn't get enough of it. Literally!!! I finally cut her off at 3 tsps of dry cereal. She wasn't happy about that. She's a little carb-addict, just like her mom! It HAS seemed to cut down the spit up a bit, so we'll stick with it... but in a relaxed way until 6 months.

We also got to the movie theater today. Aubrie's first movie! She loved it. It was a little difficult to concentrate on the movie, with the multitude of screaming babies (it was a "movies-for-mommies" showing)... but it was still a good time. It's nice to find a variety of things to do.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Yipes! I know that it will be HARD to leave her at first, but you will get used to it. At least you get a year off with her. Also, I'm so jealous at all of the *mommy and me* stuff you have in Canada. We don't have anything like that here...

Anonymous said...

I can imagine that you must be scared about going back to work. HUGS to you.