Sunday, June 04, 2006

Day 4

It's hard to believe that we've been at this sleep training thing for three full days now. It is getting better... though there were many times yesterday I was wondering why the heck I'm doing it. I could get her to sleep soooo much faster just by bouncing/rocking. Friday was really quite good, but then yesterday wasn't quite as good. Then, this morning, for her nap, she was REALLY fussy. I tried picking her up a bit (mainly because her dedication is today, so she HAS to nap before church), and I actually found she preferred the crib soothing this time. She went to sleep within 5 minutes once in the crib. So, all in all, it's going quite well. Though, I'm stressed about keeping all our commitments this week in amongst the sleep training. I'm hoping that the training we've done so far will be enough to get her through a couple disruptions this week.

I can't BELIEVE we just passed Aubrie's 20 week "birthday". 20 weeks... holy crow!!! I guess that's 5 months (according to the health clinic nurses, anyways). I was folding her clothes this morning and thinking I'm going to have to retire her 3 month clothing soon. It still fits, but I know it's only a matter of time. So sad. She had some really cute 3 month clothing.

Oh, Chris just got out of the shower, so I better go get ready for Aubrie's dedication!

3 comments:

Randi said...

Oh I'm so glad it's getting better! Yay!! Have fun at the dedication, such a special time that is;)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear it's going better. And don't stress too much about shaking up the routine by keeping other commitments. The week after we started I tried to make sure that atleast one nap a day was in the crib and when he was napping in the sling, car, or any place we were besides home, he always went down fine the next time he napped in the crib.

I hope it continues to get better. I actually thought of you the other night b/c Conner screamed for 40 mins before falling asleep. He hasn't done that in almost 2 months. Oh well, they like to keep things interesting, right?

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»