Monday, June 26, 2006

I know, I know...

I'm slacking again on the posts. I just haven't had much to chat about lately, and have been pretty blah all-round. The heat here is REALLY messing with things - with Aubrie's sleeping, her mood, my sleeping, my mood. We have a little portable A/C unit, but it's really not cutting it. Just when things were starting to get into a groove, we're now back to going with the flow... which I guess is pretty normal.

I'm super excited that my Baba is getting a computer for the first time! It's on its way back to Saskatchewan as we speak (well, it's actually probably already there). My uncle and cousins were here to visit and took it back with them. They'll set her up with internet for the first time. I can't wait to be able to share pictures with her, email her, and just keep in touch in general. I've always been TERRIBLE at anything to do with the phone. I'm surprised we still have a phone at our house. It really is a waste! We don't much like using it. So, I'm so thrilled to be able to keep in touch with her more via computers. I've always felt a close connection with her, as I think she's the one in my family who I am most like. Despite growing up thousands of kilometers away, I know she knows me! And now it will be fantastic that she will be able to see more of Aubrie as she grows up.

Today, despite not feeling like it, I'm headed to the gym for my workout for the SOUL reason of getting cool and out of this stuffy house!!! Plus, Aubrie really likes the mom&baby workout classes. This week is our last week of those. Then, they shut down for the summer, which is sad! We've had such a social calendar for the last few months with activities, and now they are all dieing down. We're going to have to find other things to keep our week going at a good pace. Especially if this heat keeps up... sitting around a stuffy house is NO FUN!

Happy Monday everyone! Enjoy the week!

1 comment:

Nat said...

That is great that your grandma is getting a computer. Wish mine would, but I know then I would be on the phone with them ALL the time telling them what they are doing wrong. Ha