Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blech!

I'm not liking this sleep training thing! I'm not liking this at ALL!!! It is the most frustrating thing... even more frustrating than when Aubrie cried hours on end. But, I know she has to learn it... so I'm trying really really hard to stay strong!

We never ended up trying it this afternoon, as I REALLY needed to get out. We went for a walk with Shawna and Zoe, and Aubrie just slept in her stroller. I figure, at least I'm not rocking/bouncing/etc her to sleep.

Tonight, it took an hour and a half. I'm still waiting to see if she's *really* asleep. Again, I ended up having to hold her hands and rub her head to get her to doze off. It's a very awkward position to have to lean over the crib that way. I really need a better set up.

I'm *hoping* that once she learns to fall asleep in her crib with the soothing, I can slowly ease off the soothing. Please tell me this makes sense. The crying thing just soooo does not work with her. We tried it tonight, and after thirty minutes, she started vomitting - a LOT. I felt so bad coming in to see her in a pool, a very large pool, of her vomit. How is one supposed to fall asleep like that? Sheesh. And then, of course, I didn't want to really wake her up by changing the sheet, so I just picked her up and wiped her off, then shuffled her down the crib. I guess she's gonna need a bath in the morning. I still feel so wraught with guilt.

*sigh* (again)

I'm off to a great big bowl of sherbert and a tall glass of wine.

I hope tomorrow is better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Cari))) I'm sorry it didn't go well. And the vomitting - yikes! The first time we tried ST with Conner he cried - no, make that screamed - for an hour and a half too and the only reason he stopped was b/c I couldn't take it anymore. It didn't feel right, so I yanked him out of the crib. But when we tried a week later he did great - only fussed off and on for 40 minutes and then out like a light. We started ST with his naps that week after that first night and I think that's why it went so much better when we tried again - he was already somewhat used to it.

Either way, I can totally empathize with you. I really really really hope tonight goes better for you two.

Randi said...

Wow..I'm so sorry it didn't go well for you. I have no words of advice, but I hope it gets better for you. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»