Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The joys of strata-living

Today is a bit of a rant. I spent over an hour yesterday trying to track down paper-work (fire insurance proof) that my bank wanted for my mortgage. They ask for this every year, and every year, I have a heck of a time tracking it down. Then... to top it off, I get so frustrated doing it, that the next year, I have blocked it from my memory and can't remember how I tracked it down the previous year. All I rememember is that it pissed me off.

We live in a single-family house, but it's in a strata community. Has it's bonuses (though they start looking meeker every year), but it also has tons of annoyances. Like tracking down paper-work. Paper-work that is SUPPOSED to be given to us when it arrives, and yet every year, they wait till the AGM to pile it all on us. Well, the AGM is next January, and I can't wait that long to get this paper-work.

So, I call the strata property manager. She transfers me to the forms people. Forms people tell me to fill in a request. In filling in the request, I see that they are going to charge me $60. For something I should have been given already. That's crazy. I get mad. Forms people refuse to answer any questions until they get their request.

So, I call the bank... really mad at this point. I think the lady recognized that, because she just had me email over last year's paperwork, and said she'd track it down herself.

Now, do you think next year, I can fake the frustration to the bank, and they will inturn do it for me again? Without actually getting frustrated. I hope so.

At least now I have a record of what I did this year.

What's with all the new paragraph starts?

Aubrie tried bananas yesterday. She didn't seem to be a fan (made a horrible face every time). But, as usual, she ate it regardless. Neither full belly, nor distaste, will prevent her from doing what she loves to do - EAT!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough time tracking down your paperwork.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand strata-living. Not as a principal, just in general since I'm from the U.S. But it sounds like a PITA. Sorry - I can only offer my condolences on your frustration.