Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What now?

It's sad when it's been so long since you've been regularly blogging that you forget your own weekly rituals. Was it confession Tuesdays, or confession Wednesdays??? And don't you find that after a long weekend (yay BC day) it's impossible to figure out what day it is. I'm pretty sure I have to leave my confession till tomorrow though.

So, today, instead, a thought (and perhaps a well-needed lesson in punctuation... I'm a chemist... I don't get punctuation... obviously). All you moms know what I'm talking about here - I hate the dreaded "what now" moment. You know the one... you've rushed to get everything done in the time you have (whether baby is sleeping, playing, whatever) and now you've got like 5 minutes. It's not enough to do anything useful... so you generally end up wasting it on whatever. It's not like you can do the dishes, or even get some quality "mom time". It's such a totally useless portion of time. And then, you wonder, at the end of the week... man, if I only could have "banked" those "what now" times. Imagine if you got them all at once. A whole weeks worth of "what now" times. Ahhh, the sweetness.

Are you there God, it's me, Cari......... please???? (Oh dear, I'm referencing Judy Blume... it's time for sleep)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya loud and clear you never have enough time for anything I wish we had more time!!