Monday, August 14, 2006

Review of month #7

Yes, today Aubrie is 7 months old... so I figured, for pretty much the sake of my own records (since I haven't been keeping track of her milestones very well), I would do a quick post reviewing her 7th month (that way of counting still takes getting used to... though I guess it makes sense cuz we have to count those first 30 days or so as the 1st month eh?).

So, this month started off with some shakey sitting that was usually followed by plummeting all 14 inches to get to the ground. She got the hang of sitting pretty quickly, and now she's a pro (unless she tries hard to reach something in a strange location). She also started getting up into a crawling position and can rock back and forth really well. She lifts one leg as if to crawl, but doesn't actually move it forward. She does manage to push herself backwards quite frequently. Once, we caught her in her crib in a sitting position... not sure how she got that way, but she's never done it since. She can now get into a crawl position from sitting (without banging her head... that's talent).

Food-wise, not too much new. She still eats solids twice a day. We tried 3 times, but the vomitting got to bad, so we went back to 2. She seems to like 2 times. Generally, she eats fruit and oatmeal in the morning and a veggie and rice or barley cereal in the evening. She's now at only one breastfeeding session a day (before bed) but that's fairly new. She doesn't seem to want to keep that one at all, so we might phase it out in the next few weeks. Other new foods... hmmm, I think we started squash this month, carrots, peas, pears, applesauce, prunes, yogurt (not succesful), and I think that's about it. We also started on a few finger foods - she loves organic teething biscuits (they taste disgusting), rice husks, veggie puffs, but not a fan of Cheerios.

Sleep-wise, we had some rocky moments this month at the beginning... but they've gotten better. Now she takes some pretty solid naps at around 9 and 2 (usually 2 hours). We've managed to push her bedtime a little later (around 7), so she's managing to stay content in her crib till 6am most days (yay).

I guess that's about it. Sorry for the boring post. I'll try to update about our crazy weekend tomorrow...

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It sounds like Aubrie is doing really well... great update.

Anonymous said...

How did Aubrie first take to peas and green beans? Conner will not eat them for anything. I mix them with other food, but he gets so mad and has learned that spitting them out and banging angrily on the high chair top gets him his sweet potatoes or carrots quickly.

Happy 7 months Aubrie!

LisserB said...

Happy 7 months Aubrie! I was just getting around to writing a 7 month update on Chaylyn. I've been documenting every four weeks, and for some reason I seem to forget to publically acknowledge her actual monthly birthday.

Like you said in my blog, we could have the same baby! Chaylyn and Aubrie seem to be pretty close in their skills, though it seems Aubrie now sleeps better than Chaylyn, and my little one is still figuring out how to get from sitting to any other position without falling over. Probably my fault, since I don't like to let her fall over!

P.S. Sorry for the duplicate posts. My PC wasn't responding, so I hit the button a few times. Seems they all went through, lol!!

Randi said...

Sounds like Aubrie is doing well, growing and striving as she should;) Happy 7 months to you Aubrie! Where does the time go?!