Friday, August 11, 2006

Count with me folks

1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10.......

Does it occur to me what comes after 10? No... not yesterday, when I knew it was the 10th and I proceeded to make tentative plans to go out for drinks today with my friend Shawna. And then today hits... it's the 11th. Ya, that would be my 5 year anniversary with the world's greatest husband. So, uhm... now I feel like a tool for even thinking of making plans to ditch on my motherly duties for a night out... without said husband.

We already had our celebration. We spent 7 hours out on our own (no baby) to enjoy a Cirque du Soleil show and a lovely dinner (oh, and some shopping). It was a great day. We've never ever been ones to make a big deal of our anniversary. I guess we don't really see it as any big accomplishment to have spent another year enjoying each other's company. Best friends' don't celebrate each passing year, do they?

But, I think we both reflect on how lucky we are (or, at least... I reflect, and I sit and hope that he does the same). I get to spend every day with my best friend in the whole world... and he cooks most of the time too. He also puts up with my every mood swing, bad day, rambling rants, whining ongoings... I'm sure that list goes on. I could never have asked or dreamt for more.

I wish I had a pic from our wedding, but alas, it was pre-digital-camera-days. So, a pic from someone else's wedding will have to do...

4 comments:

LisserB said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

haha a pic from someone else's wedding - it's okay it's a cute picture!

Happy Anniversary to you guys!

Randi said...

Happy Anniversary!! Good looking couple you are!! Love that dress;)

Melany aka Supermom said...

That's so awesome :) Happy anniversary.