Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Another Wednesday

And so comes Wednesday confessions. Yes, I know I'm not very consistent with these... but at least I'm trying! Plus, there will come a time, believe it or not, when I just might run out of things I am willing to confess to the entire internet community. Shocking, I know.

Today's confession is all about mommy ineptitude. I have a theory that EVERY mom has at least one mommy-skill that they are totally and completely inept at. For some, it's the baby bath, for others... swaddling, or getting a diaper to stay on well every time, or... I'm sure the list goes on. I'm sure I have a few that I could use some work on, but lately I've been noticing that I am completely and utterly incapable of getting shoes on my daughter. I don't know why I can't get them on. Doesn't matter what socks she's wearing, or no socks, or the type of shoe. I just can't get them on her. If I do... it's a fluke. It's not becuase they are too small either. Quite the opposite. She has yet to fit into her 0-6mo crib shoes, and is still far from a size 2 shoe. (Do they even sell size 1?? I've never found them). I don't know what it is about those silly shoes.

If anyone has some age-old tricks... do pass them on!

And yay, I finally got around to changing the look of the blog. Do we like???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look its very pretty and I agree with PP about the shoes lol

LisserB said...

I thought I had the wrong blog for a minute! It looks great!

There are size 1 shoes, I got some for Chaylyn at Walmart and Zellers. Like Jules said, as soon as the shoes are on, she is trying to kick them off. I usually don't keep any on her for long, because they are heavy and seem to turn her feet outwards all the time.

My mommy ineptitude confession...I have a hard time remembering to give Chaylyn the Vit D drops a BF baby needs...

Melissa

Nat said...

No advice for the shoes, but the blog is very pretty! I like the colors. But, if the only thing you are 'bad' at as a Mom is putting on baby shoes, then I think your doing pretty darn good!!

Randi said...

Love the blog! I haven't found size 1 shoes either, sorry no advice for putting them on. For the short time he does have them on, they are in his mouth, then he rips them off:(

Erin said...

Do I have to narrow it down to just 1 thing I'm inept at???

Emma in Canada said...

Swaddling is where I am a complete and total failure. Shame, because the baby loves it.