Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Sucker for lists

That's me... I'm a sucker for lists. I don't actually write them down (like my dad has ALWAYS done, I'm sure that's where I get it from), I keep them in my head to torment me on a daily basis. Maybe if I wrote them down, they wouldn't stress me out so much. Hmmm, it's a thought.

So, I've had this ridiculously long lists of things I want to do while on mat leave. Cuz, when am I EVER going to get these things done when I go back to work (in 4 months - AAAAHHHHHHH, that's another post). I've been trying to make a dent in them lately, but it's not working very well. I want to have Aubrie's scrapbook done... I've finished ONE page. I want to get the upstairs painted... still working on picking the colors.

We tried to get lots done this weekend, but it just didn't work out that way. I feel like I need another weekend. I spent Saturday at my brother's new and amazingly gorgeous place painting. Why? Because I'm such a loving sister (read... I'm ridiculously selfish and jumped at the chance to spend a day sans-baby while baba baby-sat, even if it meant painting all day, which, I actually quite enjoy). Then, Sunday I got a lot done, but not nearly enough. I'm still catching up on housework. *Sigh* if only we had about 20 more hours in a day. Oh, and that's assuming babies slept that 20 extra hours.

So, I continue on with my list in tow, letting it forever haunt me. I'm hoping to at least get all the colors picked for the upstairs this week, and maybe one more page scrapbooked. There's more on the list, but I won't bore you with it all. Hopefully, I can share as I cross things off it!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is the first time I've seen your new look. I love it. Doesn't seem like you though. Flowers!!!!! So I've just finished reading your last several blogs and have only one thing to say. It's very scary that your daughter loves leather. Your going to have to keep an eye on that girl

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, one more. Aubrie actually loves to hear her Baba sing. That really really makes her laugh. Wonder why????

Emma in Canada said...

I'm the same with lists. And scrapbooking. My daughter, at 21 months,has a grand total of 5 pages dedicated to her. And I swore I'd work on it at least once a week and go to a scrapping group once a month. I did not.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful paint job (and for the compliment on the new place!). I was so excited to hear that you were coming over (read: taking the paint brush out of my mother's hand and off the ceiling where she seems to adore chucking endless amounts of paint!).

I owe you big time -- Aubrie-sitting may be out of the question (until she decides that I'm not scary)...but I'm happy to help you paint once you've picked colours (I promise I didn't inherit my mother's painting abilities).

Look at me -- not a lurker anymore! :)