Thursday, May 18, 2006

Why do they do this?

Ok, so after our appointment for shots yesterday (complete with the full weigh-in), I was quite baffled when I went to dress Aubrie this morning in a 3-6 month sleeper and it barely fit. Then, I look on the tag, and under the "3-6 months" it says 12-17 lbs and 22-26 inches. Yikes! Why do they make the clothing like that? Aubrie is just barely over the 12 lbs, but is gaining quickly on the 26 inches. So, she's bound to outgrow all her 3-6 month clothing while it's still ridiculously baggy on her. Phooey! I just wish SOMETHING would fit her well, for once. On that note, I wish SOMETHING would fit me well too - but that's another post!

Today I hope to venture out to get groceries. This is still a task we have yet to accomplish with baby in tow. She doesn't do well on those types of outings (mall trips are not fun). We can stay really darn busy with various baby activities, that she loves... but the second you try to do something that isn't focused around her, she has a little fit. Go figure!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this isn't an *empty* suggestion but have you tried a sling? Conner loves to be put in the sling. When he's awake he'll sit in it kangaroo style and when he gets tired and fussy I lay him down and he sleeps so soundly, and I just keep on shopping. If you haven't tried it yet I highly recommend it.

Cari said...

Ya... she used to like the sling, but she doesn't like it anymore. Don't ya just love how they always change things up on you!

Anonymous said...

ugh, that stinks. I'm actually surprised Conner took to his b/c we didn't get it until he was 8 or 9 weeks old and he was so big. I just knew he would hate being confined like that but he loves it! Well, he loves it for right now...