Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Whadya know?

I already missed a day! Go figure! I really did mean to pop by yesterday and say hi to the blogging world... but once Aubrie was asleep, it was just TOO DARNED HOT to spend any time anywhere else but our nice cool basement. You see, here on the west coast of Canada, where it usually rains, it is not common at ALL to have central a/c in homes. So, when it gets hot (like yesterday), our house gets very very very hot. On the main floor, it was 32 degrees celsius (that's just shy of 90F for all you Americans). And on the top floor... even hotter (no temp gauge up there). Luckily, we have one portable a/c unit, so we used it to cool Aubrie's room down somewhat before she went to bed, then it went into the master bedroom so that we would be able to sleep also (if it wasn't ridiculously loud, we would have kept it in Aubrie's room... but that just wasn't feasible). On the up side, Aubrie really seemed to like the naked sleeping arrangement. She slept through the night again (yipee) and woke up around 5:45am. I shoulda taken a picture when I went in to get her. She had her swaddle blanket all wrapped around her tummy only in a toga style, and was all giddy like "look at me, I'm nekkked!". Seems it's a hit with her.

Oh, and the "baby power" class is just as difficult as the "strollerobics" class. Yikes my legs and arms hurt!!!! And today another mom and I had planned on walking the beach after Mothergoose... I'm gonna need a wheel chair! And some new pants - cuz the maternity pants I'm STILL wearing look absolutely ridiculous! Not to mention that I have no pants lighter than cords or jeans, which is not very helpful in today's heat!

And no, I don't spend ALL of my non-mommy time watching tv... but can I just say, for all of you AI fans out there... I do NOT understand the hype about Elliot. Aside from the cool name, I find no redeaming qualities about the guy. I can't even watch him sing (yay for PVR's, I can just skip over it). The guy is just really really odd looking, and not that great of a singer. It's very rare that I ever think someone is unattractive. Yes, some people are more attractive than others - but I always find that at least 99% of the general population has some attractive characteristics. Elliot, not so much. Oh how I miss Chris. But... I can't say too much, cuz I'm not that much of a fan that I actually vote. But if I did... I would have voted for Chris. Sniffle sniffle...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the temperature conversion ;) I LOATHE hot weather. It makes me mean. Our house only has one a/c unit but our summers get wicked hot and humid, so we're going to get another one. The one we have blows right into the bedroom so atleast we can sleep somewhat comfortably.

Randi said...

I too Hate being hot!! Yikes...