Friday, May 19, 2006

New name, and other ramblings

Ok... so I've decided that I REALLY need to switch up the name of my blog. See, it was cute and funny before I had a baby and knew lots of other new moms - but now that I see that snobby new moms really do exist... and are really unpleasant... it's not longer funny to refer to myself as one, even if it is in jest.

The name did have a basis... you see, the vast majority of my friends will admit that before they knew me, they thought I was quite snobby. Not because I ever did anything mean, but because in general, I tend to be very quiet at social gatherings. But, not the "shy" kind of "wallflower" quiet. Apparently, it's the kind of quiet that makes people think that I think I'm better than their conversation. I still don't understand the difference, but anyways... They all agree that I am, by no means, a snob. I just don't feel the need to interject into conversations unless I have something important to say. Now, that is true in larger social circumstances. Around my family... so not the case!!!! No one's been able to shut me up since I started talking. I guess it all balances out. Funny thing is, "snobpapa" is the same way (minus the talkative with family bit...), so people often think the same thing about him before they know him. Put the two of us together, and we can often come across as the world's most snobby couple. So, the blog name made sense at one time. Now, not so much.

So, I need help! Help me come up with a better blog name!!! Or, convince me that the current name is not absolutely terrible.

I've also decided that it's pretty pointless to continue to not mention names on my blog, considering how I mention my daughter's name and post pics of her as well. Plus, many of my blogging friends post their names... even bloggers who have HUGE readerships and get paid for blogging (which reminds me, I REALLY need to update my blogroll - there are so many other fabulous ones that I read!). So, let it be known that my name is Cari, and my husband's name is Chris. From now on, I will cease to refer to either of us as snob-anything! Oh, and the dog is Java (though I haven't mentioned him in ages... and often forget to feed him these days).

Grocery shopping yesterday went very well. Aubrie seemed to quite enjoy it. It's a relief to know that I don't have to find someone to watch her every time I need to do the groceries!

This morning, however, I left her at home with Chris so that I could do a little shopping for myself. It's very difficult to try things on with her in tow. She didn't do so well at home... and then when I came home... she was equally as pissed off. Everything made her scream. I finally got her to eat and go for a nap (yay), which I'm sure she desperately needed. So, hopefully we have a happy little girl upon her awakening.

Speaking of shopping, today was the dreaded (DREADED) purchase of a new swimsuit. EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!! Just when you think you are on your way back to your old self... Let's just say it wasn't fun! I was able to find a really cheap swimsuit, so hopefully I will not have to wear it long and I'll be able to buy a smaller one that I don't feel so awful in. I'm hoping to start taking Aubrie to the pool next week (we may even start a mom&baby aquasize class), hence the need for a new swimsuit.

My apologies for the somewhat disjointed and rambling post. I thought of breaking it into separate posts... but nah.

Off to go get some housework done while Aubrie enjoys her nap. Then, time to enjoy the LONG WEEKEND (yay!).

4 comments:

Melany aka Supermom said...

Finding a blog name is hard!!! My friends came up with Supermom for me :) Good luck with finding a name you like!

Elizabeth said...

Cari, I just got back to your blog after a bit of not reading it and... wham!!! tons of new stuf:)
I love it! I wish that I knew you better to help you find a name, mine is just kinda lame... about my life and family (which aren't lame, but my name is). Anyhow, good luck figuring one out. I like snobmama, though.. because we know through reading your blog that you aren't a snob! About that mom that you won't talk to again... isn't it funny how some people feel the need to compare kids' abilities. Hunter doesn't crawl, he scoots (gasp) and he is alost one (double gasp). We love it. It's so great to hear you so proud of Aubrie.. she's an absolute doll!
Anyhow, getting really long here, sorry.. love the blog, keep it coming!

Randi said...

Hey, now that I know a little history behind the title, I think it should stay...let them all think your a snob, that's fun;) My blog title is pretty boring. I've had it forever and have thought about changing mine too, we'll see.

Nat said...

Good Luck finding a great blog name...I'm sure you will come up with something. I though Snobmama was great...and of course I never thought you were a snob.

And Poor Java, don't forget about your little guy.