Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Man down

Again, sorry for the few days sans-blog... Sunday afternoon Chris ended up in the ER with a separated shoulder, so I've been getting used to a little extra work around here lately. It's his right arm, so there are quite a few things he can no longer do (including holding Aubrie) for the next 6-8 weeks. AACK!

It has helped me realize just how much he does around the house. Since Aubrie's birth, he has cooked most of the meals, usually cleans the kitchen (without being asked - a huge bonus!), helps with some of the chores, watches Aubrie while I get house stuff done, takes out the garbage... I'm sure there's even more! Essentially, all things he can no longer do one-handed. All I can say is thank GOODNESS this happened now, and not 10 weeks ago!!!! At least now, Aubrie doesn't mind a few minutes in her swing or exersaucer!

In other news, I'm TOTALLY excited that I'm now starting to fit into my old clothes (well, the pants, anyways). I hit another "10-lb transition" and now am up to just over a 30 lb loss. YAY! I'm just so excited to have some of my wardrobe back. I can even get into my size 4's! Though, they still went back into storage, as they are not at all comfortable! Ain't nothin wrong with size 6 for awhile longer!

3 comments:

Randi said...

Oh your poor hubby! Bri had surgery on his shoulder last year. And like you said, you don't realize how much help they are until something like that comes up. Good for you on the weight-loss! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

you're complaining about size 6's??? I haven't seen a size 6 since freshman year of college *sniff, tear*

I know how happy it makes you to fit into most of your old wardrobe - I'm rejoicing with you!

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»