Saturday, May 27, 2006

Blame it on lack of wires

My silly wireless internet connection was on the fritz again. I had a post ready on Thursday, but I lost it due to the connection and well... just haven't felt like dealing with the on-again-off-again connection, so I've stayed away from the computer all together. Chris seems to have fixed it again, so hopefully it stays put for a few days!

Now, of course, I can't even remember what's new or blog-worthy! Probably not much. I was pretty excited about season 2 of "So You Think You Can Dance" on Thursday... until I saw it... enough said. I ran some errands on Friday and went to the gym. Today my parents came by, then I went to go see baby Marcus (he's just over 4 weeks old) and visit with good friends Tom and Jamie (and 2 year old Simon).

Aubrie was grueling today at bedtime (can you use grueling to describe a person??). Just over 2 hours till she was asleep. I think it has somewhat put a damper on my blogging abilities. In the end, I had to forgo her usual swaddle. And yet, she has a strange addiction to fabric (future fashion designer??). She grabbed my shirt for 20 minutes, when I finally got it out of her hands, I had to replace it with her swaddling blanket. It's the first time I've let a blanket into her crib without it being wrapped tightly around her. I tucked it into the mattress, but I must say... it still makes me ridiculously nervous. I know she won't stay asleep without it though. Seems that fabric in the mouth is 10 times better than a soother or a hand. Go figure.

Well, I'm off to go get some reading in. I'm reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" and thoroughly loving it. I want to get through it quickly so that I can watch the movie. I just can't wait to see how they translate it onto screen. I didn't think I'd like the book, because it was originally recommended to me several years ago by a fellow grad student I had little respect for (long story). I'm glad I picked it up though!

Ok, sorry for the bland blog today. Maybe tomorrow, Aubrie will do handstands and I can post about how exciting that was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»