Sunday, May 28, 2006

Intelligent kids these days

I was out walking Java and one of the neighborhood boys (who always has to pet Java) came to talk to me. He insists on calling Java "Jaba", as does his entire family. Today he seemed to somewhat clue in...

Little Boy: Hey Jaba
Me: It's Java (I've corrected him sooooo many times)
LB: Hey Jaba (and yes, he's old enough to pronounce Java)
Me: Java, with a V
LB: with a B?
Me: No, with a V, like Violet
LB: His name is Violet?
Me: *Sigh*...
LB: Why do you have a dog and a baby?

WHAT A GOOD QUESTION!!!!!! Especially today, after Java pranced right up to Aubrie's play mat and peed on it. Fantastic.

Anyone want a dog?


We had a horrible night last night. I think it mainly hit me because I'm not used to it these days. Aubrie woke up at midnight and took over an hour to get back to sleep. Then, up at 3am... and pretty much cat-napped the rest of the night (read: I got no sleep from then on). I'm feeling quite deprived. She's a bear today, as am I. It's a house full of cranky women... fun times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh it's no fun not to get enough sleep!

Anonymous said...

Cute story!