Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Confession Wednesdays...

Ok, so some bloggers do "self-portrait Tuesdays". I suck at posting pictures and taking pictures, transferring them, blah blah blah... so I'm starting "Confession Wednesdays". Feel free to join me!

Today's confession - I don't make my bed. I feel quite guilty about this. I was taught to make my bed. My parents still make their bed. Why don't I? Well, it all started around grad school, when I would leave much earlier than Chris... so I couldn't make a bed with a husband in it. Then, when I started working... same problem. And well, boys don't make beds. So now, I just haven't gotten back in the habit.

I really want to teach Aubrie to make her bed... but I honestly can't figure out why!!! Can someone tell me why it's so important? I did a search, and all I could come up with was why it's important NOT to make our beds - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4181629.stm

Yikes!!!

I hate the messy look of an unmade bed (hence I shut our bedroom door everyday), but I can't manage to get into the habit, and now I'm stressed over yucky bugs. AACK!

7 comments:

Randi said...

hummm...a confession, let's see...I go sometimes up to three days without washing my hair. Ok that's a lame one!

Anonymous said...

Confession: I don't clean Conner's bottles the way the manufacturere suggests. They're the Dr. Brown ones so it's a lot of hoo-ha to clean it with that little brush. I don't do that. I do clean them, but I always feel a little guilty that I'm not doing it the right way. What would Dr. Brown say if he knew...

Nat said...

Well, I could steal your confession because we don't make our bed, EVER. Maybe a few times a year when people are coming over to see the house.

A unique confession: I spend time at work on the internet (now) when I really should be working. But I do still get my job done. ;)

Anonymous said...

when you say you don't make you bed...do you mean, you just pull the covers neatly over the bed or you don't do that either? lol Just trying to clear what it means not to make your bed! :)

Let's see...confession...I never make my kids lunch for school. My dh does.
Another - I get my kids to smile for photos by bribing them!

Cari said...

Ok... I OFTEN go up to three days without washing my hair, I never clean the Dr. Brown bottles with the do-hickey either, I used to live on the internet at work, and the bed - not made AT ALL. Don't even bother to tidy it.

And will I really have to make Aubrie's lunch... my mom never made my lunch (maybe up till grade 3, but then I was on my own). (jk... I fully intend on sending her to school with a nutritional lunch... but her bed will remain unmade, *gasp*!)

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»