Monday, May 15, 2006

Let's see...

Let's see how long I can keep up blogging on a more regular basis. Why? Because I keep thinking how terrible it is that I won't have any record of what life was like in the first year of my daughter's life. All these things that I *meant* to do (including blogging, getting a scrap-book started, continuously adding to said scrapbook)... well, they ain't happening these days. I feel kinda bad. So, here's to trying to keep up with one of them. Plus, now that I've got more going on in my days, the blog is less likely to be "all-baby-all-the-time-a-la-the-cheesy-new-tv-station" (which is so wrong, on so many levels, IMO).

So, as Aubrie finishes up her nap (which I swear, will end while I'm in the middle of this post, cuz that's how she rolls)... I'll do my best to be witty (however, the art of witty has yet to fully return to me post-baby... or maybe I never even had it... funny how being a mom allows you to see a WHOLE new side of yourself eh?).

Speaking of things that being a mom allows you to see - I never really had a good idea of what mother's day would be like. I thought it would be all about taking time to myself, enjoying a day with less to do, getting waited on, etc etc. But... when it all came down to it (although I REALLY loved my gift, and REALLY loved having extra help), it turned out to be more of a day when I got to think about how much I absolutely adore being a mom! I enjoyed every minute I spent with Aubrie yesterday - even the 1/2 hour that she absolutely SCREAMED because heaven forbid I try to give her her regular pre-bed bath when she was really tired. The bath lasted about 30 seconds, followed by lots of wailing and the "how-could-you" cries until she was fed and asleep in her cozy bed... where she continued to sleep from 7pm till 7am... WOW (and no... that doesn't happen often! Total fluke). Ok, where was I?? Oh ya, loving the time with baby - I really really do love my time with Aubrie. She's finally getting to the point where her crying makes sense (as in, we generally know why she's crying and how to fix it), so it never phases me. And, she cries much less these days and has a blast when she's not. I wish I knew how to enjoy life that much. Really... if a little rattle or a mirror could make me squeel with glee... imagine what a new car might do? If I could burst out in uncontrollable laughter when someone smiled at me... imagine if I watched a comedy? WOW! It's so fun to watch her enjoy life so much. The things we could learn from babies!

On a "non-baby" note - why didn't everyone vote for Terry? I know he wasn't in the final two... but couldn't people vote for him anyways? Wouldn't that have made for a great ending? There must have been something in their contracts or something. Sheesh.

And on a "semi-baby" note - who knew that something as pansy-sounding as "strollerobics" could be such a tough work out!!! I figured it would be a minor work-out - just something to wake me up a little in the morning. Holy golly am I sore!!! Today was Strollerobics Monday. It gets followed by "Baby Power" Tuesdays (a strength training workout using baby as a weight... I'll let ya know how it goes, it starts tomorrow). We then give our body a break with Mothergoose Wednesdays (though this is our last week - I'm gonna miss the cheesy songs). So far, that's all the planned activities we've committed to, and we really enjoy them!

Hope everyone had a great Mother's day! We're off to enjoy the weather when sleepyhead wakes up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear things are good. I've been thinking about you a lot lately so I rejoice with you and your happy baby :)

And your workout classes sound great! I wish we had something like that around here, but I have learned that pushing a 25 lb. stroller up hills is a great tush toner.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»