Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcome to 2006

I'm not much of a New Year's girl at all... but this year, it just seems like I have to celebrate the start of it. Not that I've found any fun ways to do that, I guess I'm just doing lots of reflexion. My New Years consisted of going to bed early, but then laying there, wide awake, unable to sleep (very common these days) until about 1am. Fun times.

My accomplishments today include getting to church. Sounds miniscule, I know... but snobpapa didn't think I could do it. I mentioned going and he thought I was crazy. He didn't think I could sit still for the 1 1/2 hours required. Haha, proved him wrong (though, I must admit, I was squirmy and uncomfortable... I blame the portable chairs... we meet in a school gym). It was FABULOUS to get out of the house though. And, we went out for lunch after, which was nice too. So, all in all, I had a large portion of my day occupied.

Then, I came home pooped... and slacked on the couch most of the afternoon watching movies. Aaah, but it was enjoyable. And, I did get to some housework in the evening, so it wasn't a waste.

I'm trying to plan a solid week of activities to occupy myself. Highlights include going back in to work (I know, I know... stay away, you're on mat leave... but I have to pick up my R.O.E. for E.I, and I wanna see my coworkers and students too), meeting with the doula tomorrow, the midwife(s) on Tuesday, family dinner tomorrow for SIL's birthday (mmm, chinese food)... details will follow.

Note my recommitment to blogging. Aah, how 1sts of the year can kick our butts back into shape. Can't wait till that will also include some hard-core running and pilates. I'm truly anxious to drop 50 pounds now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean - I'm so used to using the new year as my diet and fitness reassessment time, I guess I'll have to wait until the 1st of February instead!

You're a runner too? I have missed it so much - I had to stop around 5 months b/c I felt like I had to pee the whole time, so I've been walking. But nothing compares to running. AGH - just talking about it is making me antsy!

Not much longer!!