Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Final pics

Ok... so I finally got the courage to take the final belly pics. Here they are, 39 weeks in all their glory. I'm not taking ANY MORE!!! (Until after... when I've lost 50 pounds).




And, if you're wondering... yes, I DID touch up the bare belly shot. I know photoshop, and I'm not afraid or ashamed to use it!!! I didn't shave off any of the belly, or elsewhere (though now that I think of it, my legs and butt could look better)... just touched out the horrific stretch marks. Who said that whether you get them or not is based on heredity is full of crap. My mom never got them, and I got screwed big time. But no, I'm not bitter.

In other news, chiropracters are wonderful people! I went to my first prenatal chiro appt today. Why, oh why, did I wait so long to go to one? My midwife recommended it on Monday so that an adjustment could increase the room in my pelvis and encourage good positioning of the baby. She didn't say how absolutely wonderful it would feel to have 10 minutes on my tummy (yay for special pillows) with massage and very gentle back adjustment. Or having all the muscles and ligaments gently stretched. Wow... it felt great! I can't wait to go back on Friday. I was picturing the very jarring, somewhat frightening adjustements I've had in the past. But prenatally, chiro appts are much much different and much much better! Highly recommended!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it true that chiropractors can hit special *spots* to help induce labor? I've never been to one, but a friend of mine says hers swears by certain methods to get women to go into labor. Something I'll consider in two weeks...

And your belly looks beautiful, stretch marks or not!