Thursday, January 26, 2006

Perfect timing

Ok, so posting has become much more difficult these days. Primarily because Aubrie really doesn't like to sleep anywhere but in people's arms (namely, mine). This is making things quite difficult. Some days, I wonder if we are ever going to get back to a place where we can lead a normal life (normal as in being able to shower, eat, sleep, clean up the house). I know it will come, but it seems a long way off these days.

So, at night... we've resorted to letting Aubrie sleep in our bed for part of the night. Just enough of the night so that I can be moderately coherent. Last night, for instance, she joined me in bed at around 10 or 11 (can't remember now), and slept till 3am. That's a good solid chunk (one that is only achieved when she is with me in bed). But then, she needed to eat. No problem... we're getting good at that. So, I fed her. Thing is... she never "quits" the eating. I keep thinking I should try to let her eat till she quits (rather than cut her off at a certain time, mainly cuz I don't know what that time should be). So, I let her keep eating and eating last night. For a solid hour she ate. Then, I figured there was no food left, so I cut her off. Brought her to bed for awhile, till she was good and asleep (about an hour). Then, did the transfer over to the Pack n Play (beside the bed). Not 2 minutes after that, she erupted!! Spit up flew the entire length of the Pack n Play (that's a long distance). We just laughed and said... at least it wasn't the bed.

Ok... she's crying again... time to cut it short. Hopefully there will be more posts soon (meaning she'll spend more time sleeping on her own, not wailing)

2 comments:

Randi said...

Wow she sure did sleep alot, I wish Landon would sleep for a long time! But my boobs wake me up if he sleeps longer than 4 hours! OUCH! I hope she starts sleeping in other places besides mommy's arms, so mommy can get stuff done.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, def. jelous of her length of sleeping. But the vomiting thing made me laugh - Conner did that to me the other morning except he was in the bed, but I got the brunt of it (it was all over me). But we laughed too - what else can ya do?