Monday, January 09, 2006

Doing better

But then, of course... I never was able to post a blog to say that I wasn't doing well. But who cares, because I'm doing quite a bit better! I had a few days where all the medical issues of late pregnancy got the best of me and I was on bed rest, but I'm doing much better now, and that's all that matters! But I tell ya... had labor hit on Saturday, I would have said NO THANKS. Now that I'm feeling a bit better - bring it on! Still not 100%, but who at 39 weeks is???

I had a great meeting with the midwife today. Baby has turned to the side now (neither posterior or anterior) and she gave me more things that should help ensure a lovely anterior presentation (including a chiropractic appt, and an herb... no clue how the herb will help, but we're willing to try anything!).

I also get to start taking her concoction of "mother's cordial", which contains some herbs that will strengthen contractions and regulate them. Apparently though, it tastes horrible. I'll let ya know after dinner when I take it!

Now that I'm up and about more, I'll try to keep updated so y'all know when labor hits. So far, no sign though! I'm guessing I've got at least a week to go at minimum!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

you are in my thoughts...
~Elizabeth