Tuesday, November 29, 2005

More excuses...

Wow, again it's been more than a week between posts. It just seems that with Christmas coming, and baby things to finish, I just haven't had much to say (except a point by point list of things I get done as I do them)!

Progress is being made - Christmas tree is up, most of the shopping is done, Christmas cards and letter in the works, nursery is almost decorated, work is almost finished (final exams being written on the 15th... then I just have marking to do). It'll all get done, but I'm overwhelmed on a daily basis. I know it's good to stay busy, and it sure does make time FLY by. I can't believe I'm just got 6 1/2 weeks left!!!!!

I had another appt on Monday. This time, it was with Scottish midwife and new midwife who I have coined the Quiet midwife. Why? Because aside from introducing herself, I didn't hear a peep from her the entire appt. I suppose that could be a very useful thing in the delivery room. Very calming. She was just observing this week though, so I'm sure her title may change next go-round. Everything was quite normal, up 2 cm to 31 cm (still a little small, but consistent), good blood pressure and she's still enjoying the vertex position. The next visit will be the home visit. I can't believe how quickly that came! To think, they are anxious to see where I live in case they have to come soon for the early labor (they stay at the home with me until the really active labor starts, then we move to the hospital). Lots of talk these days about premature labor signs, etc. I'm fully convinced I will be late though...

What a boring post. But, truthfully, there's just not much else to report! Busy, busy, busy... but healthy - which is the best thing!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

It sounds a lot like your pregnancy is similar to how mine was. Enjoy it. It's over before you know it, but I promise, the next part is absolutely incredible!
~Elizabeth