Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Catching up - final installement

Ok, so I've covered last week till Wed. Now I have to see if my pathetically useless pregnant brain can remember what happened since then. Seriously, it amazes me how MUCH I can manage to forget. I am usually a VERY together person (not that I'm bragging, it's actually kind of a sickness, really... at times even embarassing).

Thursday was my lloooooonnnggg teaching day. It was very difficult for me, as I just wasn't used to all that standing and talking. I was actually feeling breathless during my last lecture stint. But, made it through. Then I got to come home to all the awesome work that snobpapa's step-dad did for us that day. He's off work right now due to knee surgery, yet still put in the time and effort to help us out on a few projects pre-baby. I'll post pics when everything is all done. He added a cupboard, shelves and hooks to our laundry room (looks awesome) and a chair rail to the nursery. I have to sand and paint the rail (hopefully this weekend) and he's going to put in another cabinet w/ a sink in the laundry room. Then I'll post some pics. But let me just say, I am sooooo thrilled! I never thought our laundry room would ever look like more than a tiny, useless room with a stacked washer/dryer. It's very small, and we never thought we could get more use out of it. If only we had asked for help earlier. We aren't exactly the handiest of couples.

But then, on the weekend, snobpapa proved that statement wrong! He stripped the dresser for the nursery and repainted it. Unfortunately, I told him to use the wrong roller, and the paint isn't great. We're going to sand and do one more coat (hopefully on the weekend) and it'll be set. Just need some new drawer pulls.

Things are really coming together! It's exciting!!!! More news to come...

We also had babasnob's birthday on Sunday. Her birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM) was actually Saturday, but family dinners are, by definition, Sunday. So... birthdays must move to accomodate! That was fun. Indian food (yummy!!!).

Aside from other "typical" weekend events (church, probably a hockey game, a little extra sleep), that's all to report on the weekend front.

This week thus far has been pretty uneventful. I'm soooo unbelievably tired with work. Only 2 days into my "work" week too! But, I haven't been sleeping. Meaning, really... hardly at all. Maybe 2 hours last night and 1 or 2 the night before. Combination of a crazy active baby, ridiculously small bladder (oh and it'll get smaller, oh joy!), lots of leg and hip pain, and just plain restlessness. I hope it resolves itself soon. I need sleep (as may be evident in this post). This wouldn't bother me at all, if it wasn't for work. I feel bad for my poor students.

OOOOHHHHH, and we booked an appt for a 4D ultrasound. I can't wait. Next Friday is the big day. It's going to be my birthday present. I can't wait (oh, I just said that). I just hope that our little baby cooperates and doesn't hide out!

Sorry my posts aren't wittier these days. Just trying to keep up with events. I'll hopefully develop wit somewhere along the way. That's the hope, anyways! For now, sleep is more important. So I'm off to prep for that (does warm milk still make you sleepy if you mix it with chocolate?? Does the caffeine in the chocolate kill the effects?? Maybe I'll just stick to a warm bath...). I'm hoping my tiredness will finally give me a solid night's sleep tonight. We'll see...

No comments: