Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Second attempt

Let's try my appt update post again. Hopefully this time it'll stick... I can't promise it'll be as good as the first one. Something about having to write something a second time that takes the humor out of it. Not that it was all that humorous to begin with.

So, Monday was my 31 week appt. I got to meet one of the new additions to the practice. I shall call her Irish midwife. She has an awesome Irish accent (from Ireland, worked in Scotland, it's quite the mix of accents and very cool). She was quite different from Trendy midwife. I'm guessing they have lots of different view points on things. Irish midwife seems a little more into testing and intervention (still very light on intervention compared to ob-gyn's though... sorry if I offend you Uncle John... though I do hear you're trying to get out of the baby-delivery end of things as it's too much like being a wedding planner... haha). I think she was a little shocked that I passed up the GD test. And she did insist on another hemoglobin test. Not that I mind - I'm not opposed to needles. I expect that to come back fine. I know when my iron is low, and it isn't at the moment. It is very cool that Irish midwife is also an experienced RN. She's also really good at showing me how to tell the position of the baby. It worked at the time... but I doubt I can figure it out ever again. I thought maybe baby turned head up yesterday... but I don't think that was right at all. She's probably still head down and sprawled out to the right, making me look very lopsided, as she has been for the last two appts. I measured in at 29cm. I was 28cm 2 weeks ago, so not much progress there. I'm pretty consistently a few cm behind... no big surprise and nothing to be worried about at this point.

Ok, enough about my appt. Strange encounter today... I was walking through campus and was stopped by a lady who works at IMS (instructional media services, a dept I know well and turn to often for all my media support needs). She asked me when my little girl was due. I happily told her, and out of curiosity, asked her who told her I was having a girl. Not that I mind, I was just curious how the word got out so quick. She looked at me very puzzled and said "no one, I just know by the way you are carrying". She was SOOOOO convinced she was right, it was freaky. And, she was right. Mind you, she had a 50/50 shot... but still! Then she said something about usually needing to take a handwriting analysis sample, but that I was so obviously carrying a girl that she didn't need to see my handwriting. Fine then, I'll keep my messy handwriting to myself then. So I guess lopsided means girl. Who knew?

Finally, got a chance to catch up on some favorite blogs today. Yuck... -26 degrees celcius in Saskatchewan. It's a lovely 10 degrees here (though raining) and I don't miss that snow at all. And now I'm totally convinced that I'm going to suffer PPUG. No... not a typo about my dog... but PPRIUG with a primary focus on the unjustified guilt portion. I mean, I suffer unjustified guilt on a regular basis, and now Miss Zoot is telling me that this will get WORSE post partum? Man, am I in for a treat!

Ok, that's all I've got for y'all today. And, it's mostly thanks to snobpapa getting a new PS2 game (meaning I can't use the tv with the PVR, and what good is watching tv when you have to watch commercials too??), and the fact that my tutoring "client" forgot her math at school today. Lots of free time for me tonight (to post 3 times, cuz the monster ate the first one... I'm still bitter).

No comments: