Friday, November 11, 2005

Sciatic nerves are dumb

I'm sure the sciatic nerve serves a very useful and necessary purpose, but today, it has me very very angry! I think I've finally come to the conclusion that the pain I have been struggling with the last week or so is due to a compression of that nerve (common in pregnancy). Last night it hit an all-time peak. Probably just due to working three days in a row when I'm not used to being on my feet that often. Today it's getting a little better, but still not a fun ailment to deal with.

Snobpapa is also quite injured. Another MMA (mixed martial arts) war wound. He thinks it's his back, but it hurts to breath... I think he may have broken a rib or two. It really sucks when TWO people are injured - there's no one left in our house to get anything done! So, we're both trying our best, and doing a lot of moaning and whining. Thankfully, without even knowing our ailements, babasnob has invited us for dinner tonight. Little did she know that if she hadn't, we probably wouldn't be eating. (Or we'd be eating something far less healthy that requires no cooking time or clean up time... neither of us can stand for that long!).

Isn't this an uplifting post???

A few fun things to report today. Yesterday at work, for the FIRST TIME EVER... I've started to get people commenting about my pregnancy without me telling them I'm pregnant. Sad that it took 7 months for this day to come, but exciting nonetheless! I've had 2 or 3 old students see me on campus and react to my belly. All of them seemed so shocked and surprised. It was fun. And, some of my new students (the classes I'm taking over for) have also asked questions about the baby. It's just so nice to know that people don't think I'm just fat!

Also, I'm loving this "working three days a week" thing. I've never really been able to work, then come home, and not work (how strange does that seem). But now I can, I really can. I don't have to bring work home, I'm not constantly catching up with marking and lesson plans, etc... I left yesterday knowing that I was totally ready for everything next week, and now I've got the WHOLE weekend to ENJOY. Imagine that!?!?! I'm loving it.

Today, I did manage to sand (somewhat) the new chair rail in the nursery. Tomorrow I will try to paint it. Hopefully snobpapa will be able to sand the dresser and we'll paint that too. Fun times!

Can't wait for my Monday appt. It's sooooo weird to be going to the midwife every second week now. It makes the baby's arrival seem so much closer. 65 more days and counting.....

No comments: