Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Quick update

Ok... this'll be a quicky cuz I have an incling that Aubrie is going to be up a lot tonight. Today was her 6 month shots (yuck!), and it was probably the worst set of shots thus far. That, paired with a cranky girl to begin with (last night wasn't too great for her).

The nurse today was useless. I had hoped to ask several questions, but it was obvious at an early point that she knew less than I did, so I bailed on most of my questions. In the end, I know I'll just figure it out on my own and do what I feel is best anyways, so I don't know why I bother sometimes.

Aubrie's growth is probably not quite what it should be, but no-one (dr or nurses) have said anything, so I'm hoping that means just forget about it and don't worry (easier said than done). I swear they screwed up her length today though. Either that, or they screwed it up last time cuz 0.25 inches in 2 months seems ridiculous. At any rate, she's at 14lbs and 25". That's 10% (down from 25%) in weight and 25% (down from 75%) in length. The 25%/75% was what she was born with, so I was all good with that... but I'm a little concerned about slipping. Mind you, the 75% length seems like a total fluke anyways... neither of us are particularly tall (hahaha), but we're not really 25% tall either. Come on 50%...

Anyways... why are we always so concerned about baby weight and height anyways. She's growing. If she starts shrinking, I'll be a little more alarmed.

1 comment:

Randi said...

She sounds perfect to me! Don't you hate nurses who can't answer your hundreds of questions? I know I do! Grr...that's why I got a new doc. Hoping this one and her staff will be better.