Saturday, July 15, 2006

New stuff

Well, as of yesterday, Aubrie is managing to sit on her own. Not for long, mind you, but a good 15 seconds or so at least (before tumbling over). I'm sure she'll get good at it fairly quickly. Everyone tells me that sitting goes like that... just when you think they are never going to sit, all of a sudden they are doing it like they've been sitting for years! So, that's a fun new accomplishment.

She still seems to recuperating a bit from the shots, or teething, who knows (I'm pretty sure she was never getting a cold). She's better, but still easily irritated. Sleeping better though, which is good!

With the help of my mom today, I managed to get my craft room cleaned out. It really wasn't that big of a task, but I kept finding myself going in there and staring at the mess for several minutes, before giving up on it entirely. It has kind of been a dumping ground for a few months. But, it only took about an hour, and now it's fit for use. Which means I no longer have any excuse to get started on Aubrie's scrapbook. Now, if only I could get my pictures in order and printed!

Also, I find that I didn't keep track of early milestones very well. I totally know why... Aubrie was very challenging for the first 4 months or so. I have all the milestones from then on. But, it's sad to know that I don't really remember or have a record of her first giggle... just approximates. I'm so glad I kept this blog, because I can track a lot of it that way. It's also so hard to pick an exact date when things started happening. I know the first time I saw her roll... but then she didn't do it much for months. With smiling, I know she started smiling here and there in the early weeks - but you never really know if they are genuine smiles until they start returning your smiles. It's just not so cut-and-dry, know what I mean?

Anyways, enough rambling. Sadly, it's only 7pm on a Saturday night, and I'm already thinking of what would be a reasonable hour to go to bed. Know is not reasonable... but maybe 9:30?? *yawn*...

No comments: