Friday, July 14, 2006

Conditioning

Ya know, I really hate it when companies advertise something that just isn't true. Like coffee bags that the more expensive coffees come in (we're on the west coast, we like our coffee). They say "now with easy pull apart bag". Ok... no... not when you are tired and desperately need your coffee. They aren't easy to pull apart at all!

Which brings me to conditioning. My body is really good at conditioning itself to sleep patterns. When I was working, I would always wake up a good 15 minutes before my alarm (despite it going off at 5am). Now, I always wake up around the time Aubrie is due to wake me up. Of course, this is a good thing most mornings. Not the mornings you want to sleep in. Not the mornings that Aubrie was up really really really late and is still sleeping and you could be sleeping too, especially since you only had about 5 hours, but no, you can't sleep, you are conditioned otherwise (wow, what a long sentence).

So here I sit, waiting for my coffee to brew, awaiting Aubrie's call, not knowing if she's going to be better today. We aren't sure if it was her shots, or a brewing cold that had her miffed yesterday and last night. It's so sad to see her that upset, 'cuz it just isn't like her anymore.

But a happy 6 month birthday to her!!! I can't believe she's already 6 months old. AACK time flies!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to your irritation at getting up early when you could have and should have slept longer. I couldn't get to sleep till 1:30 last night and then woke up at 7:30 and could not get back to sleep. HATE when that happens.

I'm hoping it's a good sign that Aubrie is sleeping a little later. If she gets a good sleep she may feel better today.

Randi said...

I agree on the sleep, I'm the same way! I hope that Aubrie gets back on track soon. Could she be teething? Or perhaps some kind of growth spurt? Whatever it is, I pray it passes quickly:)

Anonymous said...

6 months...holy cow. I can't believe how much time is getting away from me, us, whoever. I had to smile at the "'cuz it just isn't like her anymore." - did you think you'd ever get to that point? You have a pretty content baby now - YAY!!

Nat said...

Happy 6 months!