Thursday, October 06, 2005

Excuses

I have LOTS of them, as to why I haven't written in awhile. First, we went away for a few nights. Ok, that was over a week ago. But still. It was nice to get away, and be free of housework, cooking and the like... but it made me realize that I am SOOOOO glad that we didn't plan a fancy vacation, as we had thought we might for this fall. I was just too uncomfortable with the travel (which was minimal) and the "not-my-bed" thing, plus my constant "preggie-cold" (as I call it). It just wouldn't be a lot of fun to have spent a lot of money for that feeling!

Then, a close friend of ours was married last weekend. Snobpapa was the bestman. So... a little additional time spent there for us. Rehearsals, etc... all well worth it. But, it's always nice to have big events behind you, KWIM (k, that's "know what I mean" for all the computer-less-literate)?

Then, I've gone INSANE researching and reading and analyzing the use of cloth diapers. I think we're pretty sure that we are going to go that route, despite virtually everyone telling us we are insane. For the record - I don't care! So stop telling me just how insane I am, and how much work it will be, etc etc etc. I've spent beyond the alloted time in research - I know what I'm getting into. But, it still leaves us with loads of decisions. Who knew that there were so many choices out there for cloth diapers. It's way worse than disposable, as with disposable there's less choice (for one), and two... if they don't work, you buy something else next go-round. But, when spending lots of money on diapers to last at least 2 children... you wanna make sure they're gonna work. But then, you don't know for sure what will work, cuz every baby is different, and is shaped different, blah blah blah. Luckily, at my midwife appt today, I had a good talk with her about it, and low-and-beyond... she used cloth for all her children. So, I've got at least one good support.

Speaking of midwife, nothing new at my appt. I'm only measuring 23cm... a little small for 25 weeks... but nothing to be concerned about. We're fully aware that we may be expecting a smaller-than-average baby (genetics and all). Watch us end up with a 10 pounder... Ok... stop laughing...

Back to excuses... I've also been making headway on the nursery and such. Why... because I'm goin back to work. Go figure, I write one little blog about missing my students and look what happens. The dept chair calls me up to tell me a coworker is getting surgery and they need someone to teach for the month of Nov (at least). Sigh... So, that's me. I'm glad in the sense that it will keep me busy. I'm already swimming with crazy ideas of ridiculous amounts of cleaning and prepping for the arrival of the baby - none of which is at ALL necessary, but it's just what I do when I'm bored. Me + boredom = very scary situation (but very clean situation). I've already started "nesting". I don't dare think ahead to what will happen to me when the REAL nesting instinct kicks in about 2 weeks pre-delivery. Yikes. So, ya, keep me busy... good thing. But, I'm kinda getting used to sleeping in so much (which, in my world, is anything past 7am... I'm finally getting good at it!).

Well, that's all the news for now.

No comments: