Sunday, October 09, 2005

I hate blue tape

That's right... whoever told me that blue painters tape was so much better than green painters tape, I wish I hadn't listened. In fact, I think it was numerous people who told me this. Goes to show... majority is not always right. I've never had problems with my cheap green tape, but the expensive blue tape... let me tell you.

So, we've been making progress on the nursery. Doing fancy stripes and all, and this is what happened with the blue tape...



YUCK! And, it did that in more than one spot... despite all my efforts. So, now there are lots of touch ups to do. Plus, the stripes make the lovely cream color look quite plain. So, I also need to figure out things to put on the wall to make it less dull. Also, there are curtains/valence and a crib dust ruffle to come (and the blinds, which just need to be cleaned).

I'm also unsure as to what to do between the sections. Originally we thought moulding, but now it seems tricky due to 4 non-90 degree corners in the room, plus we painted the stripes quite high. We might just go with an inch of white paint as a "divider". Also have to sand and paint the dresser. Finish the quilt. Man, I'm now getting stressed.

Here's a pic showing a little more to the room...


Lighting isn't great, but you get the idea. Boy do we need a new camera.

So, that's what's been keeping me busy... and what will continue to keep me busy, occupying me from finishing the work tasks that I keep meaning to tie up to get them out of the way!

Have I mentioned how much I would really love to have a glass of wine?? Only 99 more wine-free days to go.

No comments: