Thursday, August 04, 2005

Wow... I'm done

Sittin in the office, and it just dawned on me... I'm done teaching for a whole 16 months. That's CRAZY. That's a really long time. No more getting up in front of herds of young adults. I can turn into a total slob if I want. In fact, I'm not gonna get my highlights touched up. They can just grow right on out. That's what a slob-rebel I am. Now, I still have finals to write (which I SHOULD be doing right now), but instead, I sit here, drinking my congratulatory decaf latte, waiting for young and eager minds to walk through my door with questions. I'm sure they are all studying away for their final exam. I have till Monday to get that exam done.

On another note... Buster may have busted his/her first move yesterday. Well, first that was felt, anyways. Yes, we are calling our little snobbaby Buster. Why... because babasnob likes the name. We aren't going to use it, for obvious reasons (my apologies to anyone reading who has that name), though we did agree that if we have quadruplets, one can be Buster. So, instead, we are just calling our little womb-wonder by that name. Heck, it might even stick as a nickname (which may be strange if our little baby is a girl...). Back to the bustin... I was in the car, coming home from work, and felt the "fluttery feeling" that women often describe with baby's first movements. I could be wrong, but I'm hoping it was legit. And, I was singing at the time. So, then, I decided I wanted to feel it again, so I kept singing. Here I was, stuck in traffic, belting out songs full force. I must of looked like a total loser. I usually only sing on the freeway, when people aren't generally staring at others in cars around them. Oh well, it was totally worth it!

Ok, I guess it's time to get to that final exam...

No comments: