Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Crazy dog lady

I really would have posted yesterday, but I was stalling in hopes of getting my act together to post a pic. See... tons of people keep hounding me for a belly pic. Why people are so infatuated with my belly girth, I'm not sure. Despite my absurd weight gain (about triple the norm for 16 weeks), we're not sure where it's gone. If I had to make a bet, despite the biological obsurdness of it all, I would guess I currently have a baby growing in my bumm. I guess we'll see in 5 months time...

Ok, but... off topic, cuz I never got my act together (pic is still sitting in my camera). I'll get to that later this week. Just a lovely carrot to keep all you belly-obsessors hooked. Today, I must discuss crazy dog lady.

Crazy dog lady sold us snobdog 2 1/2 years ago. She came off as being quite the pug lover (snobdog is a pug). Maybe a little eccentric, but not full-on crazy. She delivered snobdog, and still kept in touch now and again. She likes when we send her pictures of snobdog.

About a year ago, snobdog had a HUGE lump on his paw. Vet said maybe cancer. Freaked us right out. We went for the $$$ surgery, no cancer. Yipee. Well, through all this, we wrote emails back and forth to crazy lady. She was concerned. In the end, she was relieved and sent us a "package" for snobdog. Toys and t-shirts and such. (Yes, any lady who puts pugs in t-shirts already gets crazy-lady status). But... I'm not at the story yet.

So, package never came. I figured she just lied about it. But, she did seem fairly upset about it. So, we get a mysterious phone call on Friday night. Crazy lady says they are coming to the area, and want to know if they can see snobdog. Maybe bring him some toys and what not. I said ok... she said she'd call me when they got settled.

She calls Sunday night. Says that she stayed with a friend last night, but they are looking for a place for that night. Asked me if I had any ideas, and what was close to me so that we could meet to let the dogs play. Ok... weird... I'm thinking she wants me to offer up my house. Um, no... I don't know you crazy lady. And, even so, if relatives called me and asked for a place to stay on last minute notice, I'd say "a hotel". I just don't do last minute house guests.

Ok, so that aside. We're still not sure if she was scamming accomodations. Then, she says that she knows of a motel that will allow her dogs too. So, can I meet her there that night? It's like 8:30 at this time. She wants us to go to the mall to get the gifts for snobdog. Ok, first of all, Sunday night, mall is closed. Second of all, mall doesn't allow dogs. Ok she says, maybe tomorrow morning. Then, we can leave the dogs in the motel and go to the mall. Uhm, no again. I'm not leaving my precious dog in an unknown motel and going to the mall with a crazy lady. I'm not even that comfortable meeting crazy lady at this said motel. It was just plain WEIRD. Red flags poppin up everywhere!!! So, finally she says she'll head to the motel and call when they get settled.

That was the last I heard from her. Thank goodness!!!! It all seemed oddly sketchy to me. At least, it really did at the time. Maybe it's mommy-to-be-freakish-hormones talking... we're not sure.

Alas, I better go get to my nightly marking. Last week of classes = time crunch for me.

I hope to get more "regular" blogging in once the whole work thing dies down. Till then, you will all wait patiently and stop bugging me about belly pics.

No comments: