Saturday, August 13, 2005

It's official!

That's right... after almost 18 weeks, I FINALLY got my blood work back from the labs. I am indeed pregnant. What a relief - otherwise those 15 pounds I've gained and that mysterious heartbeat in my uterus would be quite frightening. Why did it take so long? I don't know... blame Canadian health care. My family doctor quit, and that probably had something to do with rounding up the files and whatnot... but really - 18 weeks? Sheesh!

Aside from that bit of news, my recent appt with my midwife was pretty standard. One thing I hate about going to the midwife is that I always come home feeling very untrendy. It's strange, you think of midwives as being very granola-type ladies... I purposely tried to find a midwife that seemed very focused on scientific literature, etc. Found an awesome midwife, and I'm so happy with the care I'm receiving... but she's so uber trendy and stylish... I always leave feeling like I should hit the gym and then go shopping.

Then, to top it off, she had an apprentice this visit. So, I got to be poked and prodded by yet another stranger. That's always fun. But, we got to hear the heartbeat again (145-152... apparently really good), set up our appt for the big ultrasound... I can't believe that in 2 weeks, I'm half way done. Crazy!

I know I've been scarce here, but I'll try to write more this week. Once I get my final exams marked, I should have TONS of free time on my hands. That's when things are going to get a little crazy...

No comments: