Monday, December 12, 2005

It's a sickness...

I'm not much of a shopper. Really, I'm not. I've never particularly liked shopping, though I do it out of necessity. But lately, I'm totally obsessed! I simply can not pass up a cute outfit for our little girl. I mean... baby outfits are so great - they are so cheap, so cute, I never have to worry about exactly how it fits and whether I will wear it (like I do with my own clothes), and I never feel particularly guilty for buying my daughter outfits. Of course, I'm conveniently blocking the realities that the clothes will probably only fit for a few weeks, get trashed with spit up, etc... not to mention that I am well on my way to having a ridiculously spoiled little girl. Though, we don't have that many clothes for her at this point (still don't have the suggested number of sleepers, onesies, etc)... I can just see this eventually getting out of hand!! Mental note - make a budget... soon...

In other news, we had our prenatal class this weekend. It was great, but it was also JAM packed with info, all in one tiny little weekend. So, in short, totally overwhelming. I'm not even sure how much of the info actually stuck. Only time will tell. She had us repeat several things, out loud, several times (things like "I will get help" and "babies cry"). Along with that, she had us keep repeating that due dates mean nothing... "full term is 37-42 weeks". Ok... that's in 13 days people! I'm not going into labor in 13 days. Stop making me think I might. It's bad enough you give us a 5 week window where you consider labor to be "perfectly normal and healthy"... how are we supposed to not get anxious and hopeful when you dangle something like that in our faces. I would LOVE to go into labor in 13 days, but I know better than to get my hopes up. Which is really hard when a lady is making you repeat it out loud ad nauseum! I'm still betting on Jan 22. That's 41 days. It's gonna be a long 41 days.......

No comments: