Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mom worries...

Ok, I know I have officially become a mom when I lay WIDE awake at 2:30am because I can't figure out why my baby hasn't woken yet! Plus, it was the first 5 1/2 hour stretch of sleep I've gotten in about 3 months... and I felt like I had slept a year (and couldn't fall back asleep). She fed at 8pm, asleep by 8:30... slept past 2:30am. YAY! I actually had to go into her room to check on her cuz I was so worried. She was half awake at that point, and spotted me. She grinned, closed her eyes to go back to sleep, then opened them again, grinned, closed them, opened them and WAILED. Not sure if that was when she finally realized she was so stinkin hungry, or if she wasn't really awake the first two times, or if the whole process woke her up and she was mad. Doesn't matter! I fed her, she slept again till 5am, ate and went back to sleep, and now it's 7:30 and I still have a moment to blog before she's up for good. YIPEE.

So, I had started a blog yesterday about how horrible I'm feeling about her scream fests. I was coping so well, then I went to our "mom and me" class at the health centre, where they (being the nurses) really made me feel that it wasn't normal and that I should be having difficulties coping. The power of persuasion... yuck! So, I had a bit of a melt-down yesterday. But today I'm back to coping well. She screams sometimes... that's ok... she's a little high-strung. I've gotten about 10 different "analyses" as to why she's doing it and how to fix it (which really stressed me out, so please don't give me any more advice), but in the end, despite all the recommendations (many of which were totally unreasonable) I still know in my heart she's going to have really bad fussy times sometimes. I can accept that, and I love her anyways... so what does it matter!

Also, for those that think their baby is fussy... I heard on Tuesday what other mothers think fussiness is... I think I may need a new term for Aubrie's fussiness (cuz the other babies don't come close). I'm almost finding now that it's a bragging right - "you think your baby is fussy, listen to this!" (which shocked many other moms on Tuesday, as Aubrie screamed and screamed). It's kind of humourous. If you can think of a new, more violent term than fussy, do let me know. I'd love to use it!

Anyways, it looks like we're back on track for tough days and easy nights. I fully know that she will likely have more bad nights and stretches of bad nights, but I'm ok with that if I get the odd 6 hour stretch like last night! And here's hoping her excellent sleep will contribute to a happy baby today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about crantankerous? crotchety? waspish? I got plenty more, I can keep 'em comin...

Elizabeth said...

fussbudget.. fusspot...fussbuster I used to use those for Hunter, but he was pretty tame!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»