Sunday, March 12, 2006

Magical pj's

I swear we have found ourselves some magical pj's. I didn't have any clean pj's to put Aubrie in last night that fit her well (tsk tsk), so I put her in the ones from the previous night, as they were still spill-free. Well, last night she slept 7 1/2 hours in a row, and woke up only once. The previous night it was 9 1/2 hours (yipee) 8 till 5:30 (then back to bed till about 8 or so). It has been fabulous. So what did I have to do tonight? I had to wash the pj's so she could wear them again. It's a sickness... it's like a play-off ritual. They aren't even cute pj's - they are polyester (which I hate, cuz they don't breathe well, I prefer to use cotton on her) and they are blue (my mom seems to think girls need colors other than pink), but hey - they work!!!

Days are still a little challenging, but I'm fighting through them and trying to get out more. After meeting several new moms in my area, we went out for a walk Friday and ended up being out for over 3 hours (stopped at a coffee shop and couldn't stop talking). It felt great to be out of the house, and the day FLEW by. Saturday I ended up feeling really cooped up in comparison, so today I took Aubrie to the mall. It wasn't entirely succesfull, but not terrifying either. I hope we can get out lots this week! Thanks so much everyone for all the positive thoughts and prayers. I'm not sure that her fussiness is decreasing much, but she does seem to be getting on more of a schedule (we're finding she can't be awake for more than about 45 minutes at a stretch), and we are coping well.

Ok, this was supposed to be a short post, as I should be heading to bed. Let's all cross our fingers for those pj's to do their trick!

3 comments:

Randi said...

I have my fingers crossed for you! Here's to the magical Pjs

Anonymous said...

just checkin on ya Cari - hope everyone is doing well!

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»