Thursday, February 02, 2006

What was I on?

Ok, I just re-read my last post. Enjoying fussy times?? Really?? What was I on?? I must have been really low on sleep. Or maybe I was asleep. Who knows.

I guess fussy times aren't that bad, when they are fairly short lived. The other day (not sure which... not sure what today is either), we had a doozy. Seven straight hours of terrible screaming. She only stopped momentarily for eating. Luckily, she started at 4... so she was asleep by about 11:30 and slept a good solid 4 hours, then another 4 after a snack. We finally ended the scream-fest at around 11 by feeding her a bottle of my milk (yay for moo-cowing). I have a theory that maybe the stress, lack of sleep, etc etc made my milk scarce that night, so even though she fed every 2 hours, she was probably still hungry. Hopefully, that tactic works well in the future and we can cut down the hours of screaming.

Then, I dared to go to the mall the next day. I needed some tops, as none of my old clothes fit. That's a whole other rant though (so sad...). She SCREAMED pretty much the entire time then too. Aack. It's so stressful to hear her cry so much. It just tears me up. I never understood when people would say that you react to your own baby crying differently than other babies crying. It's totally true. Your own baby has a magic ability to rip out your heart every time she cries.

And of course, top it off with what we think is a growth spurt. She was up and feeding every 90 minutes last night. Do the math... every 90 minutes = 30 minutes or so of feeding, 20 minutes or so of soothing, 10-15 minutes to destress yields about 15 minutes of sleep. Blech!

So off to bed I go. Hopefully Aubrie will do the same! She's so precious when she's asleep! Makes me totally forget the hours of screaming.

Keep your fingers crossed that we are not entering the beginning of the land of colic.

No comments: