Thursday, February 09, 2006

Just when you think you've got it down...

That's when babies like to throw you a loop! I was finally starting to think I was getting the hang of things, and that maybe we would be able to accomplish minor tasks throughout the day... but lately, it just hasn't been working at all. I find that the only way I can shower, dress, eat, etc, is to let poor Aubrie scream - and I so hate doing that! I try to go for a daily walk, but it's always a toss up - will she enjoy it and have a good nap, or stress me out by screaming the whole time? You never know. And the sleeping... it was good... now it's touch and go. She has decided that somewhere between 3am and 4am is her favorite time to be alert. She's never really fussy (yay - good girl!), but it means lack of sleep regardless.

It is amazing how her personality is starting to slowly come out though. When she's upset - she's REALLY upset (kinda like me). When she's happy - she's REALLY happy and easy going (kinda like her dad). Sometimes, she prefers to just be left alone (kinda like both of us) and she's an early riser (like both of us). Every day, we learn something new about her. We may have even seen a dimple the other day... she's starting to get more smily (though it's still a toss up as to whether it's a "real smile"... babies aren't supposed to smile for "real" until about 6 weeks).

She's also gaining more weight now, so we aren't as worried about her eating habits. She was 7 lbs 14.5 oz on Monday - a 10.5 oz gain in a week!!! It amazes me that she's STILL smaller than many babies when they are born! Crazy!!

Better run... she's fussy again (despite being in the Snugli, which she normally likes). I hope things settle soon, so that I can blog more and keep up to date with all her happenings.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Hey good luck! I'm in the same boat at times. Like you said, just when you have them figured out, they change! We can only love them and hope for the best.

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd check in on ya - how are you doing? I hope she's getting less fussy for you and more happy and smiley :)