Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Could it be?

Is it really possible that maybe, just maybe, Aubrie is getting used to her crib? She's been in there, perfectly happy and asleep for a whole 20 minutes now. This is a record!!! We've been trying so hard lately to get her used to it, but usually she'll stay in there, asleep, for 5 minutes tops before screaming. Today, I moved her co-sleeper into it, and put a light blanket on her, and she seems to be taking to it. Unfortunately, I was about to change her diaper and take her for a walk... but them's the breaks. I'll take the nap! Hopefully we'll get a chance for a walk in a little bit.

In other news, she has also started to genuinely smile now! At 4 weeks, 1 day... several HUGE grimaces that we were able to coax her into (you can tell they are "real" smiles if you can initiate them, and if their whole face smiles). We also found out she has dimples, just like her mommy! YAY!

We also got to go out for the first time last Friday. Babasnob and gidosnob babysat for us (and she was an absolute angel for them, go figure!). We went out for dinner, and grocery shopping (how romantic). It was great to get out.

Then, Saturday I also got a break to go shopping. More out of necessity... I'm so sick of maternity pants, and have finally acknowledged the fact that I may never get to wear any of my old wardrobe again (sigh). So... I got one pair of pants... I'm still not willing to accept that this size will last much longer, so I'm gonna see how long I can last with one pair of jeans (sad, but true).

Speaking of the weight-loss struggle... I'm amazed that this is probably my biggest source of frustration and tears lately. Not the fussy times, the sleepless nights (which are getting more frequent), the increased laundry requirement of cloth diapers... no, all those I knew were coming, and was somewhat prepared for. I was not prepared for how depressed I would feel about my size. I even had to "give up" my mommy message boards that I used to love going to for advice and support because they are so full of mommies that lost all (or close to all) their pregnancy weight in the first month. I can't deal with it.

Which is why I'm so totally TORN about the fact she is sleeping well in her crib right now... cuz we could be out walking! Sheesh, the things that run through my head! I guess I should go use the time wisely to catch up on some much needed sleep!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aubrie sounds like a lovely little girl. Cloth diapers - good for you! I have some but don't use them as often as I could... I'm lazy, I will admit it. So, props for the cloth diapers. Happy Love Day and I'm sending you good weight-loss vibes...
~Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Awww Cari, don't be sad (and I'm sorry if I made you feel bad by talking about my weightloss) :( If it makes you feel better, I've GAINED 3 lbs since I weighed myself at 1 week pp - WTH, I thought breastfeeding was supposed to burn cals?! Oh well. I may have lost the weight fast, but my clothes do not fit the same and it frustrates me as well. You have every right to be upset about it - but don't lose heart. You will lose the weight. (((hugs))) and congrats on Aubrie sleeping in the crib - small victories, that's what the first few months are about!