Thursday, September 15, 2005

Yikes...

2 weeks between posts... I'm really getting bad at this, aren't I? I keep thinking about blogging, but when it all comes down to it... not much happens when I'm barely working. I love to read lots of blogs, and most of them don't have much to say either... but they always seem to have more to say than I do. And then, I read blogs of ladies who just gave birth and still manage to fit more blogs in a week than I do, and I just feel bad. So, I vow to do better. I do really want a better record of my pregnancy and life-there-after.

So, a brief recap of the last two weeks, or as much as I can remember...

- major washing machine chaos. It leaked, flooding our laundry room floor, then leaking through the roof into our living room (when we finally noticed the problem). We've since had a technician out who basically said "don't use that cycle", and that was that. Yay, we can do laundry again.

- nursery has it's first coat of paint. Unfortunately, I have no idea when the next coat will get on. I can't roll so well, so snobpapa has to do it... which he really doesn't like. More than him hating to roll is me hating to continuously nag him. Argh.

- yes, I keep forgetting to take new belly pics. It seems pointless now to post the ones from a month ago. I'll get on it one of these days

- we have the weekend-o-stress coming up... snobpapa is organizing a stag for our friend Alex, which will be partially at our home (poker et al after the festivities). I'm going to stay with my parents... but the very next day I have a baby shower to host. I can't cook. This should be interesting.

- did I mention we are having a girl??? YES of COURSE I did! Still excited!! Lots of shopping has ensued. I'll start posting some pics of purchases, nursery, etc... I'll get on that right after I actually manage to take some belly pics. Sheesh.

- midwife appt today. Hopefully she can give me an ounce of hope that I can get through the next four months with at least ONE FREAKIN DAY when I'm not sick and coughing like, um, something that coughs a heck of a lot (and it hurts).

- hired a doula... never thought I would, but I decided to interview one, and really quite liked her. This way, if snobpapa passes out, or has to leave, or decides video gaming would be a better use of his time, I'll have someone there (I'm quite glad we don't have a portable gaming device of any sort... if you don't count the ancient "first edition game boy" that only has Tetris... hmmm, maybe I'll bring that for me).

Hmm, that's all I can remember right now. I will update soon... honest... I think...

No comments: